The 46th ASECAP Study & Information Days will focus on the new EU road mobility package and the role of infrastructure investments therein.
As part of the road mobility package, two legislative proposals will be at the center stage of the discussions during the ASECAP Days in Ljubljana, namely:
- the proposal for a Directive on the interoperability of electronic road toll systems and facilitating cross-border exchange of information on the failure to pay road fees in the Union (the “EETS” Directive);
- the proposal for a Directive amending Directive 1999/62/EC on the charging of heavy goods vehicles for the use of certain infrastructure (the so-called “Eurovignette” Directive).
The 2018 ASECAP Days will therefore look at how toll the infrastructure investments made by the toll motorway operators respond to the new EU legislative package and what remains to be done in order to meet and, in particular, finance the new mobility challenges.
The first day will be marked by a political session that will look into the financial challenges and investments risks in the context of a fast-changing road transport reality.
Furthermore, during the day, three policy sessions will be devoted to the following issues:
- The EU proposed legislative package on EETS & Eurovignette
- Synergies of smart vehicles and roads: the way ahead
- Valletta Declaration on road safety and the role of the road infrastructure operators therein
Two technical sessions and one marketing session will mainly shape the second day.
The two technical sessions will provide an insight into the following themes:
- Cooperative intelligent transport systems
- Modelling future mobility: an innovative, safe and green traffic management of mix traffic flows
The marketing/commercial session will offer to ASECAP members the opportunity to showcase innovative projects concerning their marketing activities towards road users. This session will be based on the outcome of the 2018 ASECAP Marketing Workshop that will be held in May in Athens (Greece). In addition and, for the very first time this year, the marketing session will be open to industrial players supporting the ASECAP Days.
Finally, as a closing session, the EU and US - through IBTTA - will hold a debate on how to develop transport synergies in Europe, America and other continents by coordinating their political, economic and technical tools.
Do not wait any longer and join us at the 2018 ASECAP Days in Ljubljana to exchange views, ideas and experiences with the speakers and conference delegates!